Formerly Asked Questions (FAQ's)
We are providing the following list of questions to hopefully provide you with as many questions about the program as we can think of, please look through this list of questions that have been asked and answered already before contacting the office.
- Register online at http://clubs.bluesombrero.com/sciotoridgemethodist
- Print out a registration page via the SRUMC website, fill it out, mail it in to SRUMC at:
4343 Dublin Road
Hilliard, OH 43026
- Come to SRUMC pick up a brochure, fill it out and leave your registration and check at the front office
- one (1) practice a week one hour in duration
- one (1) game per week once the season begins lasting one hour
- Registration opens September 8th
- Evaluations are October 27th
- Practices begin the week of December 4th
- Games begin on Saturday, January 19th
- Last event of the season is Tuesday, March 12th
- For a list of our volunteer opportunities please see our Volunteer information page and fill out the form to let us know about your interest!
- Contact League Director Doug Line for any other issues email: email@example.com or by phone: 614.876.4343
- $85.00 early registration fee until October 20th
- $105.00 is our regular registration and will be collected for anyone on or after October 21st.
- Shorts and Mock turtlenecks are included in the registration fee this year.
On October 27th, as part of the evaluation/orientation process, we will have uniforms available in all of the different sizes for your child to try on, so you can be assured that you order the correct size.
- You can go to the SRUMC website and get information there
- For information about the experience see: http://upward.org/Site-Upwardorg/UpwardExperience.aspx
- For information for parents see: http://upward.org/Site-Upwardorg/parentFAQs.aspx?id=9895
- For information for players see: http://upward.org/Site-Upwardorg/sport-Basketball.aspx?id=10031
Players are evaluated in six different areas, basically dribbling, shooting, defensive sliding and height. We evaluate these areas so that we can break the children up to even teams and ensure equal teams.
Absolutely, this league is designed so that all children have fun, learn the basics of basketball, and fellowship with children their age playing basketball! Your child may very well end up playing two years in the kindergarten division, but that is fine.
- All games and practices will take place at the Scioto Ridge United Methodist Church
4343 Dublin Road, Hilliard, Ohio 43026
- Games will occur on Saturdays between 8:00am and 4:00pm. Times will be determined after the teams and leagues are formed.
Games occur weekly and begin on Saturday January 19th.
- Practices will occur on Tuesday or Friday evenings anywhere from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. Times will be determined after the teams and leagues are formed.
Practices occur weekly and begin the week of December 4th.
- We will take a break from ALL Upward activities the last two weeks of Decembers to ensure plenty of time for families to spend quality time together with friends, family, and extended family!