Welcome to Alpha
What is the point of life?
Why do people suffer?
WHAT IS ALPHA?
• Alpha is relaxed, low key, friendly and fun.
• Alpha is an opportunity to ask anything.
• Alpha encourages listening, learning, discovering and discussion.
• Alpha is a place where no question is too simple or too hostile.
• Alpha is supported by all the main Christian denominations.
...and there is a meal together at the beginning of each session which gives you an opportunity to get to know each other.
The Alpha course consists of a series of talks looking at topics such as “Who is Jesus?” and “Why and how do I pray?” After each talk we divide into small groups for a time of discussion.
Alpha is for everyone, especially:
- Those wanting to investigate Christianity
- New Christians
- Newcomers to the church
- Those who want to deepen their understanding and faith
HOW IS ALPHA STRUCTURED?
Alpha is intended to be an open-forum discussion where anyone can ask anything. It is very relaxed and informal.
It is organized into 10 weekly sessions, each addressing a key issue relative to the Christian faith. There is no homework or outside reading. Each session begins with a light meal to allow you an opportunity to meet other participants. The meal is followed by a video presentation on the weekly topic and open discussion. At the end of the course, there will be an opportunity to invite friends you feel may be interested in attending the next course.
NEXT ALPHA COURSE
Our next Alpha Course is scheduled to start Thursday Jan. 24, 2013, 6:00p.m
- Who is Jesus?
- Why did he die?
- How can I be sure of my faith?
- What about the Church?
- How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
- Christianity: boring, untrue, and irrelevant?
WHAT WILL IT COST?
There is no charge for the Alpha course, although voluntary contributions toward food are welcome.
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT ALPHA?
Try it on for size! There is an "Alpha Preview" on Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013, 6:45 p.m. To learn more about the Alpha course at Scioto Ridge United Methodist Church, please contact Sue Carman, Alpha Coordinator at 614-746-0878 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to learn more about the Alpha course, please visit Alpha USA at www.alphausa.org.